Thursday, July 12, 2012

BRUGGE

A compact, smaller city- Brugge has been my favorite of the many locations I visited. Walking the skinny stone streets, we passed small ice cream and chocolate shops. The cages offered outdoor seating in the cutest terraces. An extremely colorful city, it offered an upbeat and cozy feeling for visitors, tourists, and residents alike. Banners lined the sky- decorating the streets with painted messages.

I adored the waterfront. Standing on the bridge I understand why some call it the little Italy. Music from street performers and the festival happening in the square resonated through the alleys. Where music wasn't filling the air- the sound of hoves on cobblestone echoed.

The weather was sparatic, and although rain fell multiple times, the city was filled with life. The breath that filled this town was nothing like NY, Paris, or Brussles- people weren't rushing, pushing, running to attractions or work, stressing- they were smiling and interacting. I am a huge believer in human contact having to do with a persons happiness. I felt a part of the city and I was only walking its streets for half of a day.

In one of the stores, New Look, I was trying on a very frilly bathing suite. It was incredibly cute! I'd just taken the to off when my curtain was opened. A 3 year old boy yelled "mama" and ran away. For a very long 3 seconds I stood topless in front of a coed cord of nearly 20. Behind the closed curtain I heard those waiting in the line or for their companion laughing. Unable to contain myself I burst out in hysterical laughs as well.

Sending hugs and kisses from Europe.

The lovely traveler, and recently exposed Chey~ xx

No comments:

Post a Comment