Wednesday, July 18, 2012

BORDEAUX AND THE BEACH

Lena's hometown is incredibly beautiful, in a unique way from Belgium- it shone a whole new light on France that I didn't see in Paris.

Living nearly downtown (just across a stone bridge) her house is vintage and constructed of old stone. Complete with a darling garden in the back and a spiral staircase greeting you at the entrance, it is easy to see why many people adore the French lifestyle.

I'm not kidding when I say that I've probably eaten half a baguette a day- my mouth is salivating just thinking about it. Over the course of this trip I have developed a bread belly...

The only thing that I'm truly missing is coffee. The US, and especially the Pacific Northwest have the best coffee I've ever had. I would do unforgivable things for a cup of Starbucks, Brewed Awakenings, Dutch Brothers, Tully's, or Stumptown.

One afternoon we ventured to the beach for some dune hiking and sun bathing. The beaches are packed with people who are escaping to the salty air for a breather. After a day of watching topless old ladies, children, and couples enjoy the ocean tides, and joining in myself- we hiked a monster dune. At the top you could turn in circles and see as far over the flat surface as one could ever hope to see.

Sitting down at the top I looked out over the ocean and wondered if I could find the direction of America- I got it wrong.

Ah, we went to the library and mailed out some post cards. Mine and Lena's reading levels are a little different..

Xoxo
Chey- the French beach bum

No comments:

Post a Comment